Version 0.5 out! Now with choice between LEGACY and EXPLORATION mode! Random names, too!
Changelog from v0.4:
- Decided to finally scrap the old idea and call it LEGACY mode. It is included in the game, also good for testing out the puzzles, but it won't be updated much anymore. The other mode is the exploration I have been talking about, and will be the main focus from now on.
- Logical puzzles! More will be added. They are accessed on the second floor of the LEGACY mode. They will, of course, be added to the exploration mode as well. Implementing these can take quite long, so they will update rather slowly.
- Because LEGACY mode will not be updated regularly anymore, I disabled the floors 3, 4 and 5 there since there is no reason for them.
- Designed a simple name generator for the avatars. No more Mr. Male 6 nor Mrs. Female 8! Still looking for some more female names, though. Tell me if you wish to add a name input option, as well.
- Added a simple progress indicator for character name generation, in case it stalls somewhat. It still runs about instantly on my computer, so you probably will never notice this.
- Fixed a few errors in the tutorials and the introduction. Note that you can now read the letter ingame by using the key item 'The Game Master's Letter'.
- Downloaded and implemented a bunch of new plugins:
- SumRndmDde's Super Tools Engine. The main reason being that I can resize and replace any windows in game wherever I want, whenever I want.
- Yanfly's Main Menu Manager. Decided to allow the player to use the menu at all times after all. This also includes saving. The game will autosave at certain points, but you can manually save whenever you wish.
- Yanfly's Save Core. Since manual saving is allowed from now on, I thought of buffing up the visual in that somewhat. You are allowed a total of four saves. Be aware that the game autosaves to slot 1 at certain points, so keep a backup in other slots!
- Yanfly's Mini Event Labels plugin. Used mainly in the character selection event, so you can see the names of the characters even before trying to select one.
- Yanfly's Grid-free Doodads. Decided to plug this in after all, although it probably means more work for exporting (cannot use 'Exclude unused files' option any longer). This is the main culprit of rising the game size to over 300 MB. The final version will be carefully pruned of extra files, expect it to be around the 200MB mark.
- Yanfly's Map Select Skill. This is kind of an hack around the basic system, but I'd like to solve the puzzles with specific items. The basic item menu is not really functional in my case, so I'll make all items 'spells' the PC can use. They can be easily added or removed with events, anyway.
- New mansion layout well underway! For now, it allows free exploration, but some places might lead to a void, so venture at your own risk! The riddles and puzzles will be implemented in future versions.
- Mapping is hard! But luckily, I had the help of Punamaagi (who is a very important person to me). Next version should have the final layout of the mansion in the exploration mode. After that, it's only putting the decorations and puzzles to place and the game should head towards testing phase.
- More common events! These never end. Luckily, they're pretty efficient and easy to handle when planned thoroughly (which mine probably aren't, haha).
Next version will have the updated mansion layout in EXPLORATION. I hope I can upload it tomorrow.
Version 0.5 (Oct 26 2017) 338 MB
27 days ago
Get Deadly Halloween Party
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.