Deadly Halloween Party
A downloadable game for Windows
Created with RPG Maker MV for the Indie Game Maker Contest 2017.
The game was made using only RTP assets, but don't let this deter you! I assure you, it's better than it looks like. That being said, I might someday make a remaster of this game if enough people
pester me about it like it. (This might mean quality-of-life upgrades, such as a quest log, more content, non-standard assets, etc...)
You are invited to a Halloween party. Unaware of your host's true intentions, and nothing better to do, you enter, only to be locked away in a large mansion. You must solve the riddles and puzzles in the mansion with the help of the other people there in order to escape. But beware, the house seems to be hunted...
- A number of puzzles and riddles to solve.
- A scoreboard: Your play is graded throughout the game. Can you beat your friends' best high scores?
- Sixteen different playable characters to choose from, all with randomly generated proper English names at game start.
- Four save slots. The game has an autosave feature that saves periodically on slot 1. Keep your manual savegames to slots 2 through 4!
- Once you beat the game, try the LEGACY mode, also accessible by a special savefile uploaded separately. NOTE: The riddles are shared between the main game and the LEGACY mode.
- The main game is inspired by Macventure games like Shadowgate and Uninvited. Expect the game to be kind of hard, but not relentless. If you dislike death, there's always the EASY mode to play around in. You won't receive much of a score with that, though.
- Arrow Keys / Mouse left-click -- Move
- Enter or Space key, Z key / Mouse left click -- Action (interact with objects / people, select commands, etc)
- Esc or X key / Mouse right-click -- Cancel / open main menu
- Shift -- Hold to dash (when using arrow keys to move)
- F2 -- switch between FPS / latency / no display
- F4 -- Toggle fullscreen
- F5 -- Restart the game. This is a RPG Maker MV default action and cannot be overwritten by any means I know of. Avoid using this, if possible.
System requirements (copied from RPG Maker official site)
OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32bit / 64bit)
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo or better
RAM: 2GB or more
HDD: The game requires around 150MB of free disk space
Graphics: DirectX 9 / OpenGL 4.1 capable GPU
Display: 1280x768 or better (game window is 816 x 624)
So basically any computer from the last five or so years should have no problems running the game.
I might port the game for Linux / Android / HTML5. RPG Maker MV also supports porting to MacOSX and iOS, but since I don't own any Apple products, I will not port it to those platforms. Sorry!
Please leave a review if you played the game. Those reviews help me shape the game further the way you, the players, want.
To play the game, simply unpack the downloaded archive into a folder of your own choosing. Then simply start the 'Game.exe' file found in the main folder.
The game is played using the arrow keys and Enter key, or you can play with the mouse if you so prefer.
- Version 1.03 out! This will hopefully be the final IGMC version.Nov 05, 2017
- Game released! And on Halloween, no less!Oct 31, 2017
- Updated Screenshots from the (hopefully) final version for the contestOct 31, 2017
- Old versions taken down (temporarily), preparing for final version that should a...Oct 29, 2017
- Version 0.5 out! Now with choice between LEGACY and EXPLORATION mode! Random nam...Oct 26, 2017
- No new version up today (October 25), but I'll provide a sneak peek insteadOct 25, 2017
- Version 0.4 uploaded, introduction semi completeOct 24, 2017
- Version 0.3 uploaded, now page has a custom theme and a cover imageOct 23, 2017